Design and designer
The boat is designed by Gustaf Estlander as a pure racer in the design class 75 square meter skerry cruiser. Over the years, the boat has gradually been amended for cruising.
Pabst Werft in Köpenick, Germany
The boat was originally named Trumpf [trumf]. After the first racing season it was sold to an owner in Finland and the spelling was changed to Trumph. In Finland and Sweden, the name has mainly been spelled in English, but Swedish spelling Trumf also occurs.
The boat’s recognition label is a spade sign.
1921; The first year the boat sailed under the German flag. The sailing number of this period is unclear.
1922; From this year, the boat was owned by Finland and sailed with the sail number 75 L2.
1930; By the end of the 1920s, racing in Finland ceased with skerry cruisers as its own class and the boat changed to something called the “age class”. The boat was thereby given the sail number B12.
1978; At the end of the 1960s, the boat was moved to Stockholm and in connection the boat underwent an extensive renovation. At launch in 1978, the boat returned to the status of a 75 sqm skerry cruiser, now with sail number 75 S 27.
1921 Richard Borck
1922 Karl Edvard Jonsson
1927 Gösta Svensson
1930 Holger Swahn (also co-owned by Holger Thors and Martin Törnroos)
1983 Henrik Swahn
2019 Magnus Swahn
Racing has mainly taken place in Finland (Helsinki, Hanko and Turku), Sweden (Sandhamn, and Stockholm) and Estonia (Tallinn / Reval). The boat has also participated in Gotland Runt 1989.
Cruising has taken place like a shuttle between Stockholm and Helsinki with Swedish owners living in Finland in the 1920s and an owner family since 1930 living in Finland and Sweden. In addition numerous trips in mainly the Stockholm and Åland archipelagos as well as in the Skärgårdshavet and in the archipelago along the south coast of Finland. Longer sailing trips to Tallinn (Reval), Copenhagen, Bornholm, Gotland, Öland, Valdemarsvik, Västervik, Skagen , Långedrag, Hunnebostrand and Luleå. The boat has sailed through the Göta Canal by sail and engine. The boat’s first long voyage took place in 1921 from Köpenick outside Berlin to Helsinki to take part in NJK’s regatta in the waters outside Helsinki.